Vampire-Diaries.net Forums

MAIN SITEEPISODE GUIDEMUSIC IN THE SERIESTHE BOOK SERIES . MEDIA GALLERYCONTACT

These forums were closed in 2012. Topics remain open for archival reasons only.

You can no longer register as no new posts will be created. However, discussion is very welcome in the blog comments on the main site.

If you want to set up a forum of your own, here are a few sites where you can set up one up for free:
Forumotion
FreeForums.org
ProBoards

Vampire Diaries Forums:
TVDForum.com (General TVD forums)
KSite TV Vampire Diaries Forums (General TVD forums)
Vampire Diaries on Fan Forum (General TVD forums)
ElenaDamon.com Forums (Delena forums)
Klaus & Caroline Fans (Klaus/Caroline forums)
StelenaLove.com (Stelena forums)
Mystic Grill Forums (General TVD forums)
Salvatore Compulsion (General TVD forums)

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 687, 688, 689, 690, 691, 692, 693 ... 696  Next
 Post subject: Re: Damon & Elena
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:03 am 

Team: Damon

I really think they are parelleling Rhett and Scarlet from "Gone with the Wind." Even Delana's relationship has the same feel as Rhett and Scarlet. So, if they are going that way. i could totally see Elena telling damon she loves and him turning her down. Now, I haven't seen "Gone with the Wind" in awhile, but if I remeber correctly after Rhett rejects Scarlett's declaration of love, I think she slaps him and then they fight. It's not until the very end of the movie that Scarlet vows to prove her love. So, Damon may reject Elena but she may not try to pursue him until the next season.

Yeah, I do think Elena will tell Damon she loves him but i'm almost positive it won't go well because they need to prolong the triangle for as long as possible.

I just want this show to premiere already so we can get the show on the road! LOL!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:40 am 

Team: Salvatore

I am a S/E fan who has recently seen the light when it comes to the D/E relationship. I now ship both. I know weird right? My first time commenting on this forum so please to rip on me to hard. :)

I love bad-ass Damon so I am glad he is coming back in this upcoming season. But I do like when he lets his guard down around Elena and shows some true emotion. I hope that doesn't get lost this season. I hope the writers can balance both sides of him. I don't want another season of him doing irrational things and Elena being angry with him all the time. I want that relationship to move forward not to take too many steps back. I know Ian said at Comic-con that Damon is going back to badass, S1, Damon because that is what he is. I just don't believe or maybe just don't want to believe that Damon is as dark as Ian thinks he is. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:28 am 

Team: Katherine

lapka55 wrote:
ummm. and there is no need for twisting my words ..... again NO this is not what I was trying to say at all. Just based on how different the brothers are ...Damon fulfills different needs or quenches a different part of Elena’s thirst and soul (c) which is the whole basis of ELena's conflict and attraction to Damon ...so NO why would she need him to be?

I'm sorry, I didn't want to twist your words and I wasn't implying that that was what you were saying, I was mostly venting my frustrations: if Elena needs to see or hear about every good deed Damon does that's a redux of what her relationship with Stefan is about.

I know Damon/Elena has always been about the unspoken but that was back then when she understood him. From 3x14 onwards she stopped doing that and always assumed the worst; maybe it was on purpose but I'm not sure, if it was she would have ignored what Damon did for Rose, for example, instead of jumping him.

lapka55 wrote:
This's pretty black and white for a person who not even once wrote him off as such and saw through his fasade from start, and pushed him to embrace the light in him each and every time
- ELena "You lost her too" 1x03
- Elena "Be a better man" season 2
- Elena: Why don't you ever let anyone see the good in you? 3x19

But again, that's in the past.
As for the last quote, well, coming from her it was quite ridiculous, she's the one who has seen the good in Damon the most, why does she need to know every single thing? He's saved her countless times, he's risked his life for her and her friends, he's been there for her without expecting anything in return, isn't that enough?
That's why I'm frustrated that she still doesn't seem to get it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:06 am 

Team: Elena
Call Me: Julie/Julia

Mystic_Soul wrote:
I know Ian said at Comic-con that Damon is going back to badass, S1, Damon because that is what he is. I just don't believe or maybe just don't want to believe that Damon is as dark as Ian thinks he is. Any thoughts?

Well Ian says that Damon will be reverting to S1 Damon every half season or so which always turns out to be an exaggeration so even though I think we'll see Damon being more guarded again like he was in S1 it's probably not going to be that much of a change.

But I don't think that Damon is as dark as Ian says he is. Ian tends to be really harsh on Damon. Plus mostly the shows tells us that the changes that Damon has gone through are a good thing and a natural thing soooo....

Then again now there's been talk in interviews about how this season Damon won't be changing for anyone else anymore and that he will be staying true to himself, even though I have no idea what this means because I don't think I ever saw this happen since Damon has always fought back against anyone he felt was trying to change him anyway :? :? He's always done what he thinks is "right" regardless of what others think and we've seen him do plenty of things that will get him hate from Stefan and Elena, arguably the only two people whose opinion he cares about, so I don't know what JP or IS or whoever else is on about tbh.

So, yeah.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:43 am 

Mystic_Soul wrote:
I am a S/E fan who has recently seen the light when it comes to the D/E relationship. I now ship both. I know weird right? My first time commenting on this forum so please to rip on me to hard. :)

I love bad-ass Damon so I am glad he is coming back in this upcoming season. But I do like when he lets his guard down around Elena and shows some true emotion. I hope that doesn't get lost this season. I hope the writers can balance both sides of him. I don't want another season of him doing irrational things and Elena being angry with him all the time. I want that relationship to move forward not to take too many steps back. I know Ian said at Comic-con that Damon is going back to badass, S1, Damon because that is what he is. I just don't believe or maybe just don't want to believe that Damon is as dark as Ian thinks he is. Any thoughts?

You know, I wish more fans of this show were able to see both sides of the story like you, Mystic Soul. This show is't just about the couples. Yes, i know it's about a love triangle. But, like i've said on the spoilers boards, I thnk everyone would enjoy this show more if you just enjoy the twists and turns of it and not worry so much about the couple you ship. I also think every show is more fun to watch if you are able to see the show from all sides. So, it's awesome of you to come in here and say that you now understand and enjoy both couples because I think that's what Julie wants us to feel when we watch the show. She wants us to feel just as torn as Elena is and empathize with her.

As for your question about Damon, I will say that Ian loves playing the bad boy as does Paul. So, Ian likes to say things about Damon that are a little extreme and he also likes to rile up the fanbase a bit. So, I wouldn't really take anything Ian says as the truth. As for Julie, she kind of talks herself into a tizzy and will often contradict herself. I mostly only listen to Julie when she drops actual spoilers not when she talks about character motivation.

So, the way I see it when it comes to Damon....he's just annoyed at everyone at this point. So, i'm sure he will have an attitude with everyone. As for the badass part...well, I don't think Damon is going to be going around and killing everyone like he did in season 1. I think Damon will take himself out of the equation when it comes to Elena and Stefan. He won't be there at her beck and call and will do his own thing. Damon will probably be with the council for the first half of the season.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:04 pm 

slinky5130 wrote:
I really think they are parelleling Rhett and Scarlet from "Gone with the Wind." Even Delana's relationship has the same feel as Rhett and Scarlet. So, if they are going that way. i could totally see Elena telling damon she loves and him turning her down. Now, I haven't seen "Gone with the Wind" in awhile, but if I remeber correctly after Rhett rejects Scarlett's declaration of love, I think she slaps him and then they fight. It's not until the very end of the movie that Scarlet vows to prove her love. So, Damon may reject Elena but she may not try to pursue him until the next season.

Yeah, I do think Elena will tell Damon she loves him but i'm almost positive it won't go well because they need to prolong the triangle for as long as possible.

I just want this show to premiere already so we can get the show on the road! LOL!

Gone With the Wind ends with Scarlett declaring her love, she never declares her love before that. Then Rhett says "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" and walks out on her. Then, after he leaves, Scarlett says she's going back home to Tara, says she'll get him back, and tomorrow is another day. But, they are never reconciled in the end.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:22 pm 

Yes - Gone with the Wind...and they said that the reason they never reconciled is b/c the author actually never got to finish the novel, but had to hand it in b/c of the contest deadline...so she handed in what she had at the time...anyway - that is what I remember reading about the author...

I love Rhett...:-)

but for me...my fave analogy would be Beauty and the Beast...it is my favorite love story...for who could ever learn to love a Beast...:-))))

but when it happens...he will walk...because ultimately I do not think he will believe those words...cause he has no idea what they sound like...
remember my "make-believe" scene...:-)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:23 pm 

Yeah I haven't seen the movie in a really long time. I know that he rejects her and i'm pretty sure they have some vicious fights that end with Scarlett slapping Rhett. I can totally see damon rejecting Elena's love confession. In fact, i'm pretty sure that whenever Elena tells Damon she loves him, which she will, he is going to reject her because if he takes it in and accepts her, Delana's story would kind of be over. Oh look they love each other how nice! Now what? I can also see Elena making some sort of promise to either herself or to another character that she will get Damon back somehow. I highly doubt the writers woud just leave it at that. So, I could see it being an engine for the next season.

It's also important to note that just because Elena may realize and actually say out loud that she loves Damon, doesn't mean her love for stefan has dissipated. I just think that whenever Elena figures out that she loves Damon she will still love Stefan. It just makes it more dramatic.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:35 pm 

I do not think that would happen - and the reason is...once the Damon is accepted...I do not see her going back to Stefan...

Damon - for me, represents grown up love - in all it's beautiful and ugly and challenging and committed bits, so therefore once you go there...the love of young days will be seen in a different light...I am still of a belief - and this is not to diss anyone or any ship - until you are true and honest to yourself you cannot be true and honest with another...and because Elena has been running from the truth...the idea of love and what it is is unknown to her...and that is why I think that the reality is - as much as it will PO other individuals - she never loved Stefan - not in a way that love means love to an adult - young infatuation maybe...illusion of their relationship and what it stands for in their eyes is too unrealistic for it to be love...

It will exactly be like Scarlett - realizing she was in love with idea of love (when she pursued Ashley), and in reality love was right in front of her the whole time (Damon)...

I am too upset with S/E relationship to even contemplete it as love...because it is sooo unhealthy in sooo many ways...she never saw forever with him...somewhere deep down she knows...but the reality is too hard to face...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:46 pm 

Oh when I say she still loves Stefan, that doesn't necessarily mean she's like going back to dating him again. I just think that for a long time Elena truly believes that you can't love two people at the same time. You can really care about someone and love someone else, but you can't love two people the same way at the same time. So, I could see Elena realizing that it is possible to love two people at the same time. That doesn't mean she's going to continue or go back to Stefan. It just means that Elena would be slowly realizing that she does love Damon and she still loves STefan.

The question that needs to be answered at that point would be what kind of love are you looking for? What kind of relationship do you see yourself in? Elena will always love Stefan. I don't think that will ever change but her view of that love will probably change as will her view of her feelings for Damon. It's not just some weird lustfull sensation with Damon, it's real, messy, unexplained, love. Her love for Stefan is not the pure, untouched love, it's a sweet love that is based on what their relationship once was not what it is now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 687, 688, 689, 690, 691, 692, 693 ... 696  Next